The May 1912 issue (vol. 1 no. 3) of ‘The Sentinel’ was recently donated to the Billups-Garth Archives at the Columbus-Lowndes Public Library. ‘The Sentinel’ was a literary magazine published by students at Franklin High School (now Franklin Academy).
This copy was owned by William Joseph Love. It is understandable that Love would hold onto the issue because one of his articles was published in it. “The Reward of His Labor” can be found on page 99.
The magazine also includes local business advertisements and sections on Athletics, Locals, Exchanges, and Editorials.
This item can be found in the Love Family Papers (2009-7).